By feeding the active plasma jet with dry and oil-free compressed air, particles from the surface are removed with the stream of air.
The Plasmabeam DUO is used in the following processes:
Atmospheric plasma can be applied on any material like plastics, elastomers, metals, glass, ceramics or hybrid materials.
The active plasma jet is not electrically charged. Therefor the Plasmabeam DUO can be used in different processes in the industrial electronics industry, like:
- Cleaning the contact point prior to wire soldering
- Cleaning and activation of LCD contacts prior to hot soldering
- Activation of electronic parts before printing
Plasma surface technology
Surface treatment with Plasmabeam DUO is a continuous process. The speed of the treatment and the distance between the plasma nozzle and the surface are the most important parameters to achieve the desired surface properties. By modifying these parameters the effect of the treatment can be adjusted.
Plasmabeam DUO configuration
- 20 kHz Generator 2 x 300 Watt
- 2 Plasma nozzle with 3 meter cable length (option for longer cable possible)
- Connection for process gas
- Dry and oil free compressed air - 5 to 8 bar - 4 m³/u
- Manual control with "Plasma ON" and "Plasma OFF" buttons on the front panel
- Semi-automatic control via SUB-D 25 pin connector at the backside of the system or
- PC operated system for better visualisation of the process and quality control